February 16, 2010

Thom Browne FW 2010

I'm enamoured with the feminine touches Thom Browne has worked into his FW 2010 collection (shown yesterday afternoon). I say this because in an era where women's fashion is constantly blabbing on about deriving influence from male pieces (don't you feel like there's a "the boyfriend insert article of clothing here " everything these days?), it's so refreshing to see the tables turned. And it works! -- these guys in Browne's show exude a masculinity that's all the more refined through this counter-pursuit.

First there were the silk scarves, carefully wrapped and reminiscent of a bygone Jackie-O era...

...with pillbox hats that I could just as easily imagine the former First Lady touting...

And fur muffs...so romantic!

I love the Thom Browne label, and I personally find Thom Browne's work very innovative. I think it's great he's constantly pushing the envelope when it comes to defining the cut, form, drape, and silhouette of male fashion. His is the stuff that makes you go "hmm..." And later on, after conscious reflection, "Ahah!"

My personal favorites from his show include a bolt of grosgrain-trimmed wool wrapped around the hips in a mini-skirt like fashion...

...this amazing toggle coat complete with fur, signature Thom Browne grosgrain, and some snowflakes for added humor...DECADENT!...

...and these fur earmuffs, which, I'll be willing to bet will still be pushing my upper limit on what I'm comfortable charging in one sitting...


image source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails