April 24, 2010

The Fruits of My Labors

Spring is definitely in full swing here in Minnesota...too bad it'll only last for all of two weeks before the mosquitos arrive and the humidity sets in...actually, I don't mind the humidity. But on the upside, my crack at trying to boast a green thumb worked! Above are a set of tulips on their way into full bloom at my parent's place.

I sunk these bulbs into the ground last October on a whim...the bulbs themselves were cheap at Hy-Vee -- $3 for a box -- so I figured, why not...

I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm excited about the really dark purple ones (there's one in the above background)...too bad they're just not black altogether...if anybody comes across the existence of actual black tulips, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails