October 22, 2009

H&M Southdale Store Opening

H&M opened at Southdale Shopping Center at noon today. Curious as to what type of crowd might show up as well as what the new store would have to offer -- both in the store as well as in their free gift bag to the first 100 customers, I duly made my way to Edina this morning. Showing up with a half hour to spare, I was met with an already formed line of excited customers, which snaked past one side of the storefront and past three others. Impressive for my neck of the woods, yea?? The crowd was a mix of mothers with their babies in tow (expected in a midday mall crowd wouldn't you say?) as well as young adults who were probably skipping class (shame!..but i'm guilty too). I couldn't even see the store from where I was standing in line...

At about 15 'til, employees started handing out small nylon knapsacks along with a scratch-off card that revealed a monetary amount. Sadly, Sasha didn't want to give me more than $10 to spend...

Afterwards, a gaggle of employees ran past the queue clapping and cheering...a lot of them looked awkwardly uncomfortable...

And not too much longer after that, I was in.

The men's section is fair...a decent serving of the Divided and H&M Man lines but nothing that stood out to me...let's just say I'll be sticking to the selection at the Mall of America, which definitely has a much more involved offering... If you're interested in checking it out yourself, the men's section is located on the second floor at the entrance past the seductively brooding Andres Velencoso Segura (for the time being).

I did manage to pick up this scarf with fringe detailing...I've been on the search for one...with my coupon, it was worth the purchase...otherwise, I think I would have left it alone...

The gift bag has a few odds and ends...the latest issue of their in-store magazine (oh hey there, Angela!), a couple coin wallets, small notebook, a keychain, and a tee-shirt that was a women's M. Nothing to write home about, but hey, a gift is a gift and always appreciated! Thanks H&M for an interesting morning. Now I wonder if there were men's tees floating around...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails