October 5, 2009

Hotdish & Bars <3's Andrew Cooper

There’s just no other way around it. Andrew Cooper is a very beautiful man. I’ve seen this British face since men.style.com began their runway coverage…Dolce & Gabbana (and of course, D&G) and Dsquared2 come to mind. The thing about Mr. Cooper, though, is that his all around good-looks aren’t necessarily distinctive and unique (NOT a diss!)…in my book, that’s called playing it safe…and so I’ve never really made a mental note to pay attention, nor have I done the, “Oh I’ve seen that face before” as I’ve paged through magazine ads. That is, until he landed one of the spots for this fall’s Gap 1969 Premium Jeans campaign.

Here, his likeness shoved into the back of the Gap @ Mall of America changing stalls…perhaps this store is done selling the Easy fit style? Shame.


A bit of snooping revealed he’s the face I loved to oggle so much in last year’s Ralph Lauren eyewear ads! I think what fascinates me the most about this shot is that the scholarly glasses, clean-shaven face, well-coiffed do, and RL duds make for a dramatically different effect from his scruffy testosterone-laden portrayals…I think it’s so cool how glasses and stylistic direction can change a person’s face...

images from men.style.com: Dsquared2 Spring 2005 (left), Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2005(right)

And apparently, he’s good friends with Will Chalker! Green with envy here…and wishing I were Julia Stegner in this 2004 shoot for i-D magazine.

images from i-D Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails