November 16, 2009

Daniel Liu for GQ China, November 2009

image source: ???? @ tFS, photography: Blair Getz Metzibov, styling: Grant Pearce

Okay, so I'm late to the game, but it looks like hot male model Daniel Liu was successful in landing his spread for GQ China, as he had tentatively alluded to in his interview on NPR. Flashbang over at theFashionSpot posted these beautiful pictures from that successfully printed editorial 5 days ago. In my defense, I was distracted with work? And over the weekend, I was preoccupied with landing a certain pair of boots from a certain high end shoe label's collaboration collection with H&M (more on that tomorrow)... Regardless, I wanted a set of these pics for my blog, so here they are. The clothes are GQ editorial appropriate, safe luxury as I like to put it...but that just goes to show that after a certain point, it becomes the man that makes the man, and not the clothes, right? As for the female model, Hana Mayeda...she's eh to me...I could care less about her looks...although I do envy she got this gig...what I wouldn't give to be in her spot... Daniel is definitely my favorite male model of the moment...okay, it doesn't hurt that he's the same ethnicity as I am and embodies everything I had hoped to achieve in an alternate more fabulous life...I hope his star continues to rise and the he continues to put out good work.

P.S. Does anybody know how a guy like me, who lives in the middle of nowhere, can land a physical copy of this magazine? GQ China is apparently very new, launched just last month (October of this year)...what a great outlet for asian models to get some international attention...maybe in the future they can get both Daniel as well as Philip Huang to do a spread together...crossing my fingers here...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails