February 17, 2010

Marc by Marc Jacobs FW 2010

Cat-eyed sunglasses!

Marc by Marc Jacobs will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember making the trek down to the Bleeker Street mecca way back when the Y2K scare was still a recent memory of the past...yes ages ago...the specialties items shop was still the home for collection bags and shoes, and men's and women's were still housed together at the original store site...my how things have changed since then.

What hasn't changed, though, is the MbMJ look. Jacob's collection for Fall 2010 features the same themes we've come to know and love, with a few tweaks here and there of course. Military runs strong throughout the collection in the drab olive tones and khakis -- of course, there's the occasional splash of color to round it out -- all the way to the paratrooper-style pants complete with zippers. Sweaters are once again baggy, and cardigans slightly zany -- I'm particularly loving the translucent/sheer quality of some of the cardi's he sent down the runway.


But I can't get over the cat-eyed sunglasses...I'll have to keep an eye out for those later this year...I do hope they do make it into production. Ever since I saw the Alexander Wang rendition, they've been on my mind as a must-have accessory. What I like about the version shown here at Marc is the softened edges (butterfly-eyed?) but that the retro and quirky qualities of the look are still intact.

image source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails