February 4, 2010

Nicholas Hoult and Carolyn Murphy for Tom Ford SS 2010

I'm VERY late to the game here, I realize that. These images started flooding the internet about 2 weeks ago...guess that's what happens when you bury your head in the sand...

But I must say, I'm loving these ads. It's no surprise that Tom Ford's current golden boy would also be the subject of his latest ad campaign, and why not? Nicholas Hoult is a very attractive young man. Oh those piercing blue eyes. And in traditional Tom Ford style, he's all primped, fine-tuned, and glossed up for these pictures, quite a stark contrast to his youthful look (still impeccable!) in A Single Man. There's something slightly immature, but all-knowing in his expressions here. Love it.

In this second image, he's sporting a pair of frames I just gotta have. I wonder how similar they are to Colin Firth's pair (that I've previously gushed over) in A Single Man.

And I think it's great Carolyn Murphy is cast as the metaphorical cougar in these images. How befitting as in real life, she's older with a family of her own, and a seasoned tried and true model within the industry. Wearing only her tan lines in these pictures, she definitely comes across as that mature woman who's still fully conscious and in control of her own sex appeal. What a stark contrast to her white collar stepford-esque campaign images for Estee Lauder...sophistication on two totally different spectrums. I applaud her versatility.

What's more, there's a nipple-visible version of the second image that'll be circulating in higher-taste magazines...like VMan...you can view that image online here.

image source: tFS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails