February 8, 2010

Pendleton Meets Opening Ceremony SS 2010

Over the past week, pieces from the Pendleton Meets Opening Ceremony Spring/Summer 2010 collection have begun to surface on the Opening Ceremony site. The second installment of this wonderful collaboration has been one that's been long in anticipation -- I remember seeing the lookbook images on racked.com at the end of this last year, and if you click through the O.C. blog, you'll find preview images from as early as this past summer (!).

In contrast to the Fall/Winter collection, which featured bright and bold tones in the Native American prints and shades of plaid I'd characterize as cabin-up-north-for-the-holidays appropriate, these spring pieces are a mix of beautiful primary and pastel madras plaids, and muted Navajo-inspired prints.

Of the available array to chose from currently, my picks are as follows:

These shorts are interesting in that the upturned cuffs are an element of flair I can't really say I've seen in my neck of the woods. Not for guys at least. On flannel-lined chino's, yes. But on a pair of warm-weather shorts, no. On top of that, the velcro belt adds a thoughtful element of utilitarian styling.

What I appreciated the most from the winter collection was O.C.'s use of the Native American prints, which to me is such a part of Pendleton's heritage. But the silhouettes and drape Opening Ceremony added into the outerwear pieces this past winter made for a very updated and progressive aesthetic. I like that O.C. has continued with the signature graphic prints and incorporated them into on-trend pieces, like this varsity jacket:

Lastly, this reversible sailing jacket carries elements of clean cut prep with urban undertones. And because of that, it strikes me as being a very versatile piece to have this coming season.

Alas, I'm too poor. But dream is what I do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails